This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applicants from European timezones only at this time.
The DataViz squad is part of the Core Experiences division in Grafana. We are responsible for the panels that visualise data in Grafana like Histogram, Time series, Geomap and Canvas. Our mission is to make all data visualisation useful, performant, and beautiful so that Grafana’s users can make informed and confident decisions with their own data.
Come and join us if you’re passionate about anything and everything OSS, Grafana and Data Visualisation.
We are looking for teammates with the following skills
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We value autonomy and enabling decisions over committees and red tape. You have at least a couple of years of experience as a front-end developer. We are a distributed team, working remotely, on a product that will be used by engineers all over the world – the ability to work on your own, and ship working code is crucial.
- You are a confident software engineer who’s experienced with data transformation and visualisation (eg SQL, Pivot Tables, D3.js, Matplotlib or Jupyter Notebooks).
- You have a good understanding of a software development process that takes a user-centered approach.
- You easily build an understanding of the user’s context and goals which will help you build the right solution that brings the biggest value to them.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself.
- You are a self-driven individual who understands the power of feedback loops in making roadmap decisions and driving our product forward.
- You are able to communicate the design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You have an active interest in the three observability pillars (Metrics, Logs and Traces) and how they come together to build a powerful workflow
What we use
- We work with React as our framework, Typescript, Redux, and RxJS
- Rendering libraries such as uPlot, D3.js, Lodash and OpenLayers
- We use Golang for code that needs to live on the backend
What we work on
- The team collaborates on reviewing feature requests from the OSS community and our customer base, identifying high-level roadmap themes, and overall driving the direction of data visualisation together with observability at Grafana Labs.
- Our business as usual includes raising and fixing bugs, developing and testing new features, trialling innovative ideas for our products, close collaboration with UX, contributing to design docs, and more.
- We are also closely collaborating with other squads in order to enhance the Grafana user onboarding journey
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.