We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our KernelCare team. The ideal candidate will perform functional tests on Kernel development to identify bugs and regressions as well as working on its stability and performance. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about test automation within a cybersecurity space.
KernelCare, CloudLinux’s fastest-growing product, provides automated kernel security updates without reboots for the most popular Linux distributions. It ensures optimal performance and uptime by allowing hosting providers and enterprises to keep kernels up-to-date with all security patches while keeping servers online.
We are Cloud Linux Inc., the maker of the #1 OS for web hosting providers. We develop our products - CloudLinux OS, KernelCare, and Imunify360 - using the most innovative technologies. Our products are used by thousands of companies around the world.
Work is fully remote, with flexible hours, where you can plan your day and work from anywhere in the world.
More details about the project you can find on the product website KernelCare.com, about the company on Cloudlinux.com
Your responsibilities will be:
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for kernel failures caused by errors in our patch sets.
- Prepare all needed documentation sets clarifying all the aspects of the product’s environment
- Everyday work on adding new automated test scenarios (Python), maintaining continuous test execution (Jenkins), tracking test cycles execution results, recommending corrective actions, and working with the development engineers on resolution of problems
- Maintain and modify test environment and configuration as needed, create new test environments and configurations to meet customer-based configuration or problem reproducing requirements
- Continue to expand test automation within KernelCare continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments
- Collaborate with kernel engineers, support engineers, and python engineers
Basic Qualifications that we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a similar field
- 3+ years of experience in QA Automation
- Experience and the passion for Linux
- Scripting in Python/Shell
- Knowledge of Ansible, Libvirt, Docker
- Understanding of CI/CD systems, tools and approaches
- Experience in creation of Jenkins scripted/declarative pipelines
- Good understanding of DevOps principles and their relation to automation engineering
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse teams
- Proven ability to communicate well with peers and all levels of management
- Intermediate (and higher) English level
- Team player but also able to work independently using your initiative
- Happy in an agile, fast-paced environment
What's in it for you?
- A focus on professional development;
- Training reimbursements
- Mentor programs
- Knowledge-Exchange programs
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Flexible working hours
- Paid one month of vacation per year and unlimited sick leave
- Medical insurance reimbursement
- Co-working and gym/sports reimbursement
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent.