Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
Sonatype is a dynamic and innovative global software company with more than 630 employees.
We have been pioneers of modern software development practices and WE ARE HIRING INTERNS! Walls don’t make a company great; people do — and we have the best. We aim to assist our customers in managing risk from malware found in open-source components reliably and efficiently by automatically identifying them.
We’re looking for university students who are entering their 4th year of an accredited degree program in computer engineering, computer science or related program, with the term running 12 weeks starting June 5th till the end of August.
What You Will Do:
- Our Product Management team is looking for interns to assist & support development of product features and enhancements from start to finish to ensure they meet our customer’s needs and preferences.
- The primary duties that align with this role includes clearly communicating feature’s purpose, intent, requirements, and managing various backlog items and acting as a representative for the features assigned.
- You’ll have opportunities to have fireside chats with some of the foremost leaders in the industry related to security and dependency management while getting on-hands mentoring, and meet & greets with your fellow interns either in-person or virtually.
Who You Are:
- You will have outstanding problem solving and communication skills.
- Additional areas of past school or working knowledge in: Data analytics, Program management, Problem solving skills, Development background (technical)-Software programming.
What We Are Proud Of:
- 2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award: Sonatype earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award in Development and Operations (DevOps) Security.
- NVTC 2022 Cyber Company of the Year: Sonatype was named Commercial Cyber Company of the Year and a Capital Cyber Award-winner by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- 2022 Annual Peer Award: Sonatype’s Nexus Lifecycle won a PeerSpot Silver Peer Award as a leading Enterprise Technology solution in the Software Composition Analysis category.
- 2022 Best in Biz Award: Sonatype CEO Wayne Jackson was recognized as a Silver Winner in the Best in Biz Awards' Executive of the Year category.
- Tech Ascension Awards: Sonatype was named the Best DevOps Security Solution for Nexus Lifecycle and Nexus Firewall (Software Composition Analysis).
- BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Sonatype was named to the Washington DC 100 Best Places to Work list and Washington DC Best Midsize Places to Work list.
- Company Wellness Week - We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying much-needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.