Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us
The Sales Operations team at Sonatype designs, implements, and administers a large tech stack for multiple go-to-market teams. The Technical Lead, Salesforce Developer
position will play a meaningful role in ensuring the efficiency and scalability of business systems by taking a technical, problem-solving approach. This role requires a detailed knowledge of modern business systems (Salesforce.com
and related ecosystems), as well as project management, communication, and teamwork skills.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the Sales Operations Team in the design, development, and implementation of customized Salesforce solutions. This individual will also be responsible for creating and maintaining a high level of technical expertise within the team, ensuring that best practices are followed and that solutions are scalable, efficient, and maintainable.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the Sales Operations team in the design, development, and implementation of customized Salesforce solutions.
- Design and develop complex Salesforce solutions, including custom objects, workflows, triggers, and visualizations.
- Develop and maintain integrations with other systems, including external APIs and third-party applications.
- Mentor and coach Salesforce development team members on best practices and technical skills.
- Act as a technical point of contact for the organization, providing guidance and support as needed in regards to Salesforce integrations.
- Ensure that the team is following industry best practices and staying up-to-date on the latest Salesforce technologies and trends.
- Work with multiple business teams to scope, design, develop, test, and implement business processes aimed at driving scalable SaaS growth.
- Connect multiple platforms through APIs (SOAP, REST).
- Support rollout strategies, educational resources, and adoption techniques for newly built features and processes.
- Write and maintain clear documentation for both internal (SalesOps) and external (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance) processes.
- Analyze existing business processes to identify efficiencies and enhancements.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a Salesforce Developer position.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and II certifications are required. Other Salesforce certifications are a plus.
- Bonus points for having experience with Salesforce CPQ, Conga, ETM, DocuSign, Zoominfo, Ringlead, Stripe, Jira and/or LeanData.
- Strong understanding of software development principles, including agile methodologies and design patterns,
- Great organizational and project management skills, with the ability to clearly communicate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Must be proactive and forward-thinking, willing to go above and beyond to make a positive impact on the company and department.
- Must be passionate about Salesforce development and eager to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the field.
Things We're Proud Of:
- 2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award: Sonatype earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award in Development and Operations (DevOps) Security.
- NVTC 2022 Cyber Company of the Year: Sonatype was named Commercial Cyber Company of the Year and a Capital Cyber Award-winner by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- 2022 Annual Peer Award: Sonatype’s Nexus Lifecycle won a PeerSpot Silver Peer Award as a leading Enterprise Technology solution in the Software Composition Analysis category.
- 2022 Best in Biz Award: Sonatype CEO Wayne Jackson was recognized as a Silver Winner in the Best in Biz Awards' Executive of the Year category.
- Tech Ascension Awards: Sonatype was named the Best DevOps Security Solution for Nexus Lifecycle and Nexus Firewall (Software Composition Analysis).
- BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Sonatype was named to the Washington DC 100 Best Places to Work list and Washington DC Best Midsize Places to Work list.
- Company Wellness Week - We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying much-needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.