What is Grafana Cloud?
Grafana Cloud is our composable observability platform that integrates metrics, logs, and traces with Grafana. It allows our customers to leverage the best open source observability software – including Prometheus, Mimir, Loki, and Tempo – without the overhead of installing, maintaining and scaling their own observability stack
The Infrastructure Observability team focuses on getting customers up to speed quickly by monitoring their infrastructure systems and software. We own the Grafana Cloud integrations which provide easy-to-use pre-built dashboards and alerts to monitor a host of popular observability targets as well as our SaaS integrations which are completely hosted solutions. The team is also responsible for our Synthetic Monitoring and Kubernetes monitoring products.
You would work on our application platform that leverages the operator/controller pattern to create loosely coupled applications and services. Knowledge of building SDKs and APIs, Kubernetes, and Go is a plus for this role.
As a company we are remote-first and global, we embrace people of different experiences and backgrounds to build diverse teams where every person brings a new perspective to the software. Our tech stack is mostly made up of services written in Go, running on multiple Kubernetes clusters that leverage Google’s Cloud Platform.
What will you be doing?
- Take an active role in influencing our roadmap and your own career objectives
- Work with your team to deliver new features, then use the results to iterate and improve.
- Drive projects from initial ideation all the way to operations in the hands of customers
- Embrace our open-source culture and contribute to other projects that may not directly fall within your team’s scope
- Design, build, operate, and maintain critical systems, owning the reliability, performance, and availability
- Be a part of your team’s on-call rotations and take ownership of the services you’re running
- Mentor and support other team members, participate in design discussions and collaborate with the team
- Learn new skills by gaining a deeper understanding of our cloud product and our customers and getting to know the codebase of a large distributed system
As we are remote-first and our engineering organization is largely remote, we provide guidance and meet regularly using video calls, so an independent attitude and good communication skills are a must.
What are we looking for in you?
- You are a motivated self starter with a bias towards action
- You are customer focused. We build everything with our users in mind. You have a passion for creating intuitive products that fit customers’ needs
- Pragmatism. You are able to take on complex challenges and break them down to achieve tight learning loops: to analyze, design, and build modular solutions, deliver MVPs, gather data and feedback and then progress iteratively
- Collaboration and communication: The smallest unit we have is a team. You’ll be working with your teammates in a fully remote setup. Good communication skills are a must
- Solid experience with Go
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Some experience with delivering projects from gathering requirements, brainstorming ideas all the way to shipping a product to the customer’s hands in a self-driven way
- Some experience with developing software that runs in the Cloud or some experience with systems engineering
- Experience writing clean, robust, and performant software that is easily maintained by others
- Located in North or South America
Nice to haves:
- Been a user of Grafana and Prometheus in operational roles (including on-call for your team at a previous employer or just using these tools on hobby/homelab projects)
- Exposure to microservices architecture and distributed systems, or a desire to learn
- Familiarity with being on-call and performing operations/ SRE tasks or with the concept of infrastructure as code
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $116,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.