Description of Duties
Grafana’s GTM organization is looking for a Deal Manager. Reporting to our Director, Deal Desk, provides deal pricing support for our product lines across multiple countries, verticals, and business segments. We help our businesses achieve their short term targets while protecting long term revenue streams and profitability. We also provide professional guidance on deal structuring and act as trusted advisors to our senior executives, contributing to our company's overall success.
Deal Desk Manager will be delivering deal structuring and pricing support for our Commercial and Enterprise businesses. This role will also be recommending new pricing strategies to expand the company's reach within various sales segments. Additionally, this role will be structuring contracts and product solutions to address unique customer needs as well as helping scale our Deal Desk function internally.
- Review, approve and document all non-standard commercial terms
- Review, manage, and approve pricing for complex deals
- Manage communications with sales reps and deliver approval/rejection context
- Recommend pricing structures based on the Customer's business drivers and ability to sell value.
- Handle daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements and deal review cycle.
- Analyze incoming deals along review criteria (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Partner in a trusted adviser capacity to Senior Sales Leadership, sales community and other internal stakeholders
- Work closely with Finance, Legal and Operations department to optimize contract terms and close deals
- Challenge status quo to make recommendations that drive price increases and discount reductions
- Develop best practices for pricing and business terms, based on the improved use of data and market knowledge to support decisions
- 3+ years of experience in deal desk, pricing, revenue operations, collections, and billing in enterprise B2B SaaS
- Strong knowledge of deal structure and negotiation, bookings policies and revenue recognition for subscription models for both cloud and on-prem scenarios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and pricing strategy
- Familiarity with working with Sales teams in a deal desk or commercial-selling function
- Capable of explaining concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization
- Extensive experience discussing business issues with senior sales leadership and collaborating with all levels of sales teams
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Must reside in EST
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $128k - $150k. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.