We're looking for a Regional Sales Director in New York who will be responsible for leading a team of Enterprise and Strategic Account Executives. As the RSD you will be asked to drive revenue growth, retain and attract new talent, and grow your customer base within your assigned territory. Reporting to the Regional Vice President, East Coast, you will be recognized as a sales leader throughout the company – setting the tone and pace for your specified region. We are looking for an entrepreneurial sales leader - someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. You’ll spend your time developing and executing sales strategies, mentoring your team, and strategically partnering with the SE, Marketing, Enablement and more teams within the organization.
- Develop and mentor your sales team
- Develop a pipeline to help over-achieve revenue targets
- Direct sales activities by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals
- Guide your team through a consultative sales approach where you will learn about your prospect’s needs and then dive into the potential fit.
- Build and maintain an annual sales plan (goals) in support of our organizational strategy and objectives
- Meet with prospects and strategize with sales representatives to help close deals
- Help the team prepare for QBRs and HBRs
- Develop long-term, strategic relationships with key contacts within their account base
- Strategically partner with Marketing, Solution Engineers, R&D, Customer Support and other functional teams
- Minimum 3 years of leading successful sales teams
- Minimum 8 years of successful direct sales experience
- Background in technical applications, familiarity with OSS, visualization, application performance management or cloud-based tooling is a big plus
- Experience navigating complex sales cycles that can last 2-6 months
- Comfort working closely and building relationships with C-Level executives
- Consistent track record in shaping strategic seven-figure deals
- MEDDPICC expertise
- Experience working with ROI and cost modeling to educate and assist potential buyers
- Must be located in New York
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $340,000 - $380,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.