About Product Management
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you'll develop a vision and strategy for your product domain. You will own your product’s roadmap, collateral, and market research, and you will collaborate with Grafana leadership on fine-tuning your product’s goals. You will be the primary advocate and expert in your area, with a strong ability to communicate needs, functionality, and details effectively both to external customers and internal stakeholders. The teams and people you will be interacting with will be 100% remote and globally distributed, so strong and proactive communication is essential.
Product Managers are the bridge that connect Engineering, Design, and UX to GTM. You are a facilitator who ensures the free flow of information across these teams and are expected to be technically proficient when representing our products to our customers.
As the Product Manager for Incident Response Management (IRM), you'll be involved with everything related to our IRM products – Grafana OnCall and Grafana Incident . You’ll become a subject matter expert on on-call management and incident response, with a deep understanding of customer needs in this space, as well as the existing landscape of the open source and commercial offerings. Grafana IRM is a relatively new set of products from Grafana Labs and we’ll look to you to help design and execute a strategy for increasing its mind-share, adoption and revenue. This is an exciting opportunity to help solve a critical set of use cases for customers and to scale out a new product line within Grafana Labs.
As a Product Manager at Grafana Labs, you will:
- Transform ideas and feedback into a product vision and roadmap
- Empathize with customer problems in order to collect user needs, requirements, and pain points
- Curate and properly represent user feedback to Engineering, while providing evidence to support tradeoffs and priorities
- Work closely with PMM to enable GTM on product differentiation, including creating and updating presentations, documentation, website content, datasheets, and whitepapers.
- Use your deep product expertise to make decisions about our go-to-market strategies, pricing, packaging, licensing and tiering.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- A BS/BA in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- 3+ years of experience in a B2B SaaS product
- Experience using or building observability products and/or developer tools, either internally as an SRE or for external customers
- Experience partnering with UX to build delightful features with solid designs
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building observability products and/or developer tools
- Experience in ‘carrying a pager’ / in having been on call for production systems
- Experience in pricing strategies and product marketing
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $148,000 - $200,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.