We are looking for a Solutions Architect (Professional Services) to join our world class Customer Experience (CX) team. Solutions Architects at Grafana Labs provide customers with specialized business and technical consultation, and guidance to achieve their objectives using Grafana.
In addition to the required technical expertise, they’ll also require base project management skills to monitor the progress of the customer initiative.
- Effective in working with customers, including business executives, project managers, and IT development staff.
- Effective in understanding business needs and distilling the information into business and technical requirements.
- Comfortable working with complex business and technological requirements and translating into the design of solutions, including data visualization, workflow recommendations, migrations, and enterprise scale architecture.
- Ability to act as a functional lead and able to demonstrate clear approach to methodology as well as functional capabilities. Leads functional workshops with customers, documents requirements, and designs appropriate solutions.
- Speed is paramount. This team is nimble and is the fulcrum to accelerate the delivery of the solution for customers.
- Be a strong advocate for adherence to standards and best practices.
- Stay current on Grafana Labs, observability, and related technologies.
- You'll be a key resource for our Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Support, and Professional Services teams as they look to drive innovation and improvements into future product and offering enhancements.
- If you enjoy working with customers to help them succeed and thrive on working with leading-edge technologies, this is the role for you.
- This role may require travel to customer locations
What you'll bring along:
- 2+ years of experience working on deployment teams, using project management techniques.
- Direct experience with o11y.
- Best practices for both using and deploying an o11y stack (visualization, alerting, metrics, logs, traces) - preferably with Grafana products (Grafana, Prometheus/Cortex/Enterprise Metrics, Loki/Enterprise Logs, Jaeger/Tempo).
- A proven track record of successful delivery of customer projects, preferably enterprise o11y implementations for large customers
- Self-starter, adept at picking up new skills and technologies, and eager to break new ground.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with customers, partners, and internal members.
- Vision to help us take our company to the next level.
- Executive Presence.*nix and Windows Server Administration.
- Kubernetes (kubectl, Helm, Tanka preferred).
- Experience with Cloud Platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Systems Architecture design.
- Software Engineering experience and or ability to read code (GoLang/JS/TypeScript).
In the United States, the Base compensation range for this role is $120k - $210k. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. We are hiring for both Solutions Architects and Senior Solutions Architects, and this range spans both roles. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.