We are looking for candidates in the Americas EST time zones due to the setup of the team and the stakeholders we work with.
About the Dashboards Squad
Dashboards is a fairly new squad within the Grafana division. Our vision is to enable our users to tell stories with data - regardless of your experience level, with Grafana Dashboards. We do this by making our dashboards:
- Inclusive: We strive to make dashboards easy to manage throughout their entire lifecycle (create, build, edit, archive) regardless of the user’s level of expertise with Grafana, or with other Grafana Labs’ products.
- Flexible: make it possible to create compelling, but also useful, experiences with our Dashboards. This is not limited to just static views, but also with dynamic views that users can interact with.
- User centric: We support our variety of users and their needs by making decisions based on data that we obtain regularly by collaborating with UX and Product teams.
As a squad we embrace experimentation, lean principles, and encourage everyone to share their ideas and perspectives.
We’re currently heavily frontend focused and we’re looking to expand our expertise towards the backend with the goal of becoming full owners of the dashboards domain. The candidate best suited for this would be someone who knows GoLang, but also has interest in understanding React (we have quite a lot of collective experience there that we would love to share!)
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a solid experience with Backend development (we use Go) and would be comfortable working with or learning React and Typescript.
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company and understand the importance of communication
- You are eager to learn and grow. There is a lot of room for growth and development, and the team has quite a lot of knowledge to share for those who are wanting to learn.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You have some experience with operating your code, and the intricacies thereof. Since a lot of operators and developers use our software, having some grounding in both of these spaces really helps us with building better software for our users.
- You enjoy working as a team. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. Supporting each other when needed.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the community is a day-to-day thing for us.
- You are able to communicate the design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
A selection of projects we’re currently working on & planning for:
- New dashboards runtime - we’re rethinking the current architecture to enable a next generation of dashboards: more powerful and dynamic.
- Public dashboards - giving users the ability to expose dashboards for anonymous access.
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $116,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.