As the leading provider of open source database solutions, Percona’s Customer Account Team will own and execute a portfolio of renewal contracts for Percona customers in an assigned territory. The Customer Account Manager will manage their renewals pipelines, identify growth opportunities, negotiate contracts and work cross-functionally to ensure the customer’s success with Percona. We’re looking for an account manager with proven sales and account management experience to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has proven experience in a software technology organization. You will be motivated by building strong customer relationships and driving growth within your account base through solutions selling. You love to be surrounded by other smart, driven people who are eager to share their knowledge, and will always have your back.
Location: Remote work from home, Americas time zone
What You Will Do
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/annual renewal targets
- Ability to identify and qualify expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Support our sales teams in the progressing/closing of our expansion opportunities and in achieving our expansion targets.
- Analyze customer engagement to form accurate forecasts, and to have complete visibility into renewal pipeline;
- Identify, clearly communicate, and manage risk throughout the year though proactive touch points and take the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Lead and present at regular remote client meetings
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Success and delivery teams through the customer lifecycle including customer touchpoints, account growth, and renewals, providing transparency and accountability
- Work as a critical part of a broader effort to drive customer engagement, programmatic customer adoption, retention and expansion results
- Track and share customer feedback to appropriate teams on an ongoing basis
What You Have Done
- Account management/Sales/Customer Success experience required, preferably at a subscription-based or open source software company
- Achievement of retention, growth and profitability targets
- Understanding of customer health, using data from various systems to present a holistic view of the customer experience
- Strong understanding of customer success techniques and strategies
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience navigating complex work processes, tight timelines, and changing teams
- Extremely detail oriented, self-motivated and organized
- Knowledge of marketing tools
- Comfortable working from home
What Defines You
- Communication: You express ideas effectively, listen actively, and respond quickly to inquiries and requests from others. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Collaboration: You interact with people effectively, cooperate & support group decisions
- Adaptable: You embraces a global, multicultural environment, and adapt effectively to changing work environments and priorities
- Accountability: You takes personal responsibility in the job, complete work as committed, and take ownership of productivity and results in a distributed environment
- Willingness to spend time learning and innovating
- Constant desire to improve
- Problem solver and independent thinker
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience in technology sales and account management within agile, quick growth companies
- Experience in Open-source software or database specific companies
- Solution selling mindset and experience
- Strong relationship building skills and customer-centric focus
- Track record of overachievement.
- Expansion, up-sell/cross-sell
- Development of customer advocates/references
- Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
- Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active
- Our internal programs include groups like:
- The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
- Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
- Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
- FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend
Gain all of this and more by becoming a part of our organization!
Percona is a highly respected thought leader in the global open-source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a go-to in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn
. We look forward to connecting with you!