Fast growing open-source
You’d join to shape what and how we build a world-class open source product as a founding member
We actively lead and support our passionate and engaged community, where a diverse group of people is empowered to contribute to the common good
We’re a remote-friendly team and work async, so we can work wherever we’re happiest and contribute from anywhere at any time
Backed by top VCs
Well-funded by top VCs and great angel investors
AppFlowy is a privacy-first, open source workspace for your notes, wikis, projects, and more. You are in charge of your data and customizations, with no vendor lock-in. Our mission is to empower everyone to create apps that suit their needs. Built on a community-driven toolbox, including plugins, themes, and more, our platform enables makers to play with and tweak AppFlowy without a limit on what’s possible.
Since its GitHub launch in November 2021, it has accumulated more than 30,000 stars and 130+ contributors. In 2022, AppFlowy was selected for the Noteworthy Newcomer award as part of the Open Source Awards at GitHub Universe!
AppFlowy is built with Flutter and Rust, an interesting tech stack with a lot of potential and opportunities. If you are a true believer in open source and want to build world-class open-source collaboration software together, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll achieve
- You’ll be building features from scratch and have full ownership over the whole process.
- You'll be designing and implementing scalable and high-performing solutions.
- You’ll write high-quality and well-documented code.
- You’ll perform code reviews and collaborate with others in the wider community.
- You’ll receive feedback from the best developers from all over the world.
- You’ll become an expert on collaborative software and a leader in open source.
- Submit an application
- Potential candidates will be asked to take two technical interviews
- We’ll invite you to a behavioral interview via a video call
- You are encouraged to participate in our open source community to get a sense of how we work together
- We’ll make you an offer
We are committed to hiring a diverse team and building an inclusive, equitable culture. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. You might be the perfect person, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
- Proficient in Rust with 6+ years of general software engineering experience.
- Extensive experience with collaborative editor tools as a backend engineer.
- Familiar with CRDT and Yjs.
- Experience with database systems like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and RocksDB.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are mission-driven. You are a great team player and a self-starter. You dream big, start small, and move fast. We value MATCH at AppFlowy.
- You are passionate about AppFlowy and open-source.
- Great communication skills. We work asynchronously by default.
- A competitive salary based on your experience.
- Above the market stock options—we give generous equity rewards to employees who buy into our mission and think long-term.
- Remote and work async—you can choose to work wherever you’re happiest and have the ability to contribute from anywhere at any time.
- We will invest in what you need to be at your best—whether it’s a standing desk, an ergonomic chair, or continuing education.
- The chance to tackle the most interesting and impactful problems and build everything from zero to one—there’s absolutely no boredom!
- Unlimited time-off—we hire the best people, and we care about results, not how long you work.