Ushahidi is offering a leading role in our Engineering team developing open-source applications with global scale.
We are a small, passionate team building open source technology for the humanitarian sector, officially operating as a non-profit since 2008.
Ushahidi believes in setting up every one of our roles to shine within and outwards the organization. This role can become your platform to effect change in the world, connect with other caring humans, participate in exciting events and build the next step in your career.
Read the full role description here.
- 3+ years of experience in comparable positions, preferably in remote or hybrid teams.
- Experience coordinating engineering efforts in Agile environments.
- Tech stack:
- REST API interfaces
- Back-end: PHP, Laravel, MySQL. Macro and micro-services
- Front-end: ES6, SPA frameworks: AngularJS 1.x-4.x (and possibly other), micro-frontends.
- HTML and CSS frameworks.
- Hybrid mobile applications with Ionic.
- Hands-on with: data integrity, information security, DevOps processes and open-source development in an open community.
- Accountable, independent, and intrinsically motivated.
- Mission-driven and team-oriented.
- Empathic and effective in communication.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical abilities, or length of time spent unemployed.
We can't stress this enough: please don't hold back your application due to any of these circumstances. If you feel that you want to work together, we would love to meet you.
- The exact amount offered will vary in function of your experience as assessed by the hiring team, and your residence location, to adjust for cost of living.
Interview process We will send an interview kit as we invite you to interview. This kit will include details such as the interview team and the evaluation process.
- Generous vacation policy: minimum 25 days/year.
- Parental leave of ninety (90) calendar days with full pay.
- Flexible schedule.
- Socially responsible mission. Build technology directly for societal good.
- Healthcare coverage.
- Support for co-working space usage.
- A laptop that becomes your property after 18 months.