Janes enables militaries, governments, and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is looking for an experienced Content Editor with a keen eye for detail to join our established team based in Bangalore. The Content Editor will be part of a global team of copy editors working on content from across the entire Janes portfolio.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
• Communicate within the company with researchers, analysts, and journalists via email, telephone calls, or in person.
• Ensure Janes world-leading content and analysis is accurate and up to date, follows Janes house style, and is free from grammatical errors.
• Proofread and edit text at various stages of the process.
• Ensure that the content reflects the brand voice of the company.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE
• Demonstrable copy-editing experience
• Proficiency with applying the principles of style guides to different types of writing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
• Ability to remain detailed-oriented and focused when processing large amounts of text
• Willingness to collaborate with a creative team of editors, graphic designers, and others
• Strong computer processing skills
• Basic knowledge of legal issues involved in publishing, such as libel and plagiarism
• Mastery of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and the ability to make constructive suggestions