Janes is the leading global provider of open-source intelligence and data, providing timely information to customers in the Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, and the aerospace, defense, and security (AD&S) industries. Janes unique offering is a recurring subscription data service including both an online web-portal and offline solutions that enable customers to view, collate, analyze, connect and download the world’s largest collection of industry data, intelligence, and news.
Janes continues to expand in the US market, focusing on being the preferred choice of open source defense intelligence. Janes has also developed a unique tradecraft capability which enables it to provide unparalleled insight for its customers. Janes has recently developed a new product called Intara, using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities through cloud-based technology providing customers with a powerful tool to integrate and connect Janes data with other data sources and advanced technology programs within national security.
To drive this US expansion Janes is seeking high caliber, driven sales professionals comfortable with selling enterprise wide software solutions, data and services, and with experience working with or for the IC, DoD, and the supporting industries.
Janes is searching for a highly capable Director of Sales, to be part of a strategic business growth initiative focusing on the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) in northern Virginia, St Louis, and other locations across North America and overseas. This is a key role allowing the successful candidate to implement a clear go-to-market strategy, delivering huge value to our customers, and therefore driving growth in our US Federal business.
Reporting into the Vice President of Sales, you will take responsibility for the United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) customers, building a continuous pipeline and leading in the capture of sales opportunities. This is a highly visible role providing great freedom, challenge and accountability, within a growing and dynamic team, focusing on the growth of our key market and strategic main effort for our business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
• Identify and engage with key decision makers in the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the geospatial-intelligence defense intelligence community. developing strong initial leads for the business
• Build strong customer relationships which deliver year on year value for the business
• Build strong internal relationships to ensure customers receive maximum value from Janes
• Couple your knowledge of Janes products and propositions along with your strong understanding of NGA, the broader geospatial-intelligence mission and the needs of its end customers, to continuously position Janes at the forefront of customer decision making processes
• Collaborate with the wider Sales team to relentlessly focus on strong lead generation, building value for the business
• Build your sales pipeline through disciplined sales and business development activity with a focus on revenue recognition
• Continuously manage and focus on accurate forecasting, pipeline and closure of opportunities
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
• A proven track record of enterprise wide selling in software solutions, technology data and/or services.
• Demonstrable experience of interacting at a mid to senior level with executives from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
• Previous experience of interacting with, or working for, the Intelligence Community and NGA, resulting in an understanding their mission and supporting needs.
• 5-10 years sales experience with a track record of closing large and complex deals in support of NGA.
• Demonstrable experience of leveraging product, service and operational capabilities and insights for competitive advantage.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• 5 years sales experience, in information and insight solution sales into the NGA, national security and/or defense customers, including the NGA’s Data and Digital Innovation Directorate, Analysis Directorate, and Source Directorate
• Experience of using Salesforce to maintain leads, tracks progress to closure, and produce progress reports.
• Experience with NGA’s programs such as EIM and LUNO
• TS Security Clearance is a plus.