With a legacy of more than 125 years, Janes has long been regarded as the only single resource for comprehensive, unclassified, and up-to-date intelligence on military equipment in production and use around the globe. In more recent decades, Janes has become known for the uniquely broad and deep range of Defence and National Security intelligence insights, drawn from the myriad open-sources available. Over recent years, using advanced analytics and technology, Janes has restructured and interconnected the range of open-source intelligence produced by the analysts, to now provide our customers around the world a vast array of timely, accurate, validated intelligence to support their National Security missions for governments and capability assessment and market analysis for Defence Industry clients.
Today, Janes is a leading provider of timely and assured open-source intelligence, analysis, and forecasts for Defence & National Security organisations globally.
We have created a brand-new position within Janes to lead and develop the European team, selling products and services to customers within government and industry. The EU (European Union) Territory Manager will be responsible for building a consistent and sustainable sales pipeline throughout the European territory, driving revenue growth, and the effective mentoring and leadership of the sales reports. The EU Territory Manager will be expected to adopt, implement/ execute the Janes sales playbook through their territory. This role will manage a growing number of Business Development Managers as well as several Key accounts within the EU.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Reporting to the EMEA Regional Executive Director (Sales), the individual will engage with many stakeholders (both internal and external), building effective long-term relationships and elevated levels of customer delight.
- Managing a team of Business Development Managers, ensuring effective structure and consistent ways of working across the team
- Generating a substantive sales pipeline using core sales processes to produce revenue in line with quota.
- Ensuring that accurate (annual and quarterly) forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established.
- Creating and managing lead-generation action plans within defined segments to grow new business, including through maximised upsell and cross-sell opportunities in existing accounts.
- Building effective long-term relationships / elevated level of customer delight - with key customer decision makers and influencers across an assigned group of accounts.
- Providing "insight" to customer decision-making through an understanding of Key Defence and National Security issues affecting EU governments and industry, and an extensive product knowledge from Janes to support them.
- Able to clearly articulate the Janes value proposition, demonstrate strong understanding of, and high execution standards throughout the Janes sales play book processes, and mentor and train their reports as required.
- Mainly involved in strategic commercial opportunities, selling Janes’ evolving products and services - working with limited direction or oversight - while ensuring the effective management of existing accounts in the EU territory.
- Working on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors within a broad sales framework, including a strong understanding of customer need.
- Has developed an understanding of business, financials, products and services and account needs.
- Complexity of accounts, territory, products, and services sold is varied - has developed an understanding of core sales processes.
- Answering customer questions / requests based upon interpreting facts, developing recommendations, or resolution of issues with a “problem-solver” mindset.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- previous sales/business development experience in B2B environments.
- Previous experience in the Defence community would be a plus.
- Proven experience of successfully selling into the governments
- Capability to develop knowledge on the Defence industry products and services.
- Capability to develop an understanding of Janes value proposition and core sales processes.
- Has developed level industry expertise and networks.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching, and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, and age.