Janes enables militaries, governments, and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open-source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resources more effectively to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes Geopolitical Events Team, on a daily basis tracks global events in the domain of Terrorism, Serious and Organised Crime, Protests and Riots, and Government and Political. The events are sourced from trusted global primary and secondary sources Sourcing is done in both ways, manually as well as in an automated manner using internal and third-party machine learning mechanisms. Thereafter more than 20+ data points are extracted from/tagged to each event.
We are looking for a manager to lead this team that is based out of our Bangalore office and the responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the day-to-day sourcing and tagging process of events to maintain SLAs on timeliness, relevance, completeness and accuracy.
- Manage the resourcing of the team in line with global geopolitical hotspots in such a way that events are sourced and processed in a very timely manner.
- Training of the team on OSINT research skills, structured analysis and on effective writing the Janes way.
- Review periodic risk bulletins that are published to customers and to the marketing team.
- Conduct periodic gap analysis of existing coverage in line with global geopolitical incidents.
- Conduct quality analysis of events with respect to sourcing and tagging to ensure the team produces a high-quality output.
- Feedback on events sourced automatically to internal and third-party machine learning processes to ensure the events received are relevant and the respective sourcing algorithms are trained properly.
- Maintain metrics on timeliness, relevance, completeness and assuredness for the content and performance of the team members.
- Conceptualization and creation of visualization dashboards such as tableau that are driven from the events content set to draw trends and patterns based on date/time and geography.
- Work with the Product Management team to enhance the events dataset by adding new types and categories of events in line with customer requirements and compatibility with graph database.
- Working in close collaboration with other Janes teams to ensure consistency of data and analysis.
- Support sales teams in terms of subject matter expertise related to geopolitics and trend analysis of events for supporting existing and acquisition of new customers.
People leadership experience including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.Proven research abilities using open-source skills and techniques in different languages.A sound understanding of terrorism, geopolitics, serious and organized crime and military activities.Keen attention to details and problem-solving skills.Excellent verbal and written communication skillsComputer competency that includes a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.Post graduate degree is desirable.