Janes enables militaries, governments, and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
- Conduct market research (qualitative and quantitative), statistical analysis, and business intelligence to support our market forecast and defence programs products.
- Produce material in an analytically rigorous fashion, taking into account industry insight, as well as related geopolitical, military, and economic factors.
- Monitor news insights and press releases for opportunities in defence procurement and the impact of policies in future market outlook.
- Establish linkages and relationships between airborne platform programmes in terms of configuration, pricing, and operational requirements.
- Identify and analyse contracts in the aerospace and defence domain and develop new market segments and functions.
- Identify gaps in existing databases and conduct rigorous monthly audits with respect to various parameters across the airborne platform databases.
- Prepare monthly reports documenting specific database changes and maintain worklogs.
- Support a range of consulting, editorial and other analysis projects with true insights and demonstrate value to the airborne platforms’ portfolio.
- A demonstrable interest in manned and unmanned airborne platform markets, industry, technologies and trends.
- 5+ years of experience in the domain of defence-related market research and open source intelligence with a view of tracking contracts, tenders, and price information.
- Experience of working within a data environment (databases, data transformation, data validation or similar).
- Computer competency that includes a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications. Experience in visualization tools would be an added advantage.
- Proven record of undertaking project-orientated work to strict deadlines, lead projects, engage with industry and manage large volumes of content.
- Ability to quickly adapt and work with new information technology applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including editorial, consulting exposure and public speaking.
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving as well as ability to identify critical aspects of airborne platform markets, such as industrial capacity, technical characteristics and the competitive environment.
- Academic qualification – Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines such as international relations & politics, engineering, physics, and economics. Master’s/MBA or PhD would also be advantageous.