Janes is the leading global provider of open-source intelligence and data, providing timely information to customers in the Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, and the aerospace, defense, and security (AD&S) industries. Janes unique offering is a recurring subscription data service including both an online web-portal and offline solutions that enable customers to view, collate, analyze, connect and download the world’s largest collection of industry data, intelligence, and news.
Janes continues to expand in the US market, focusing on being the preferred choice of open source defense intelligence. Janes has also developed a unique tradecraft capability which enables it to provide unparalleled insight for its customers. Janes has recently developed a new product called Intara, using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities through cloud-based technology providing customers with a powerful tool to integrate and connect Janes data with other data sources and advanced technology programs within national security.
To drive this US expansion Janes is seeking high caliber, driven professionals comfortable with selling enterprise wide solutions, data content and services, and with experience working with and for the IC, DoD, and the supporting industries.
Janes is searching for a highly capable Director of Sales, to be part of a strategic business growth initiative focusing on the United States European Command (EUCOM) and Africa Command (AFRICOM) as well as their subordinate echelons. This is a key role allowing the successful candidate to implement a clear go-to-market strategy, delivering huge value to our customers, and therefore driving growth in our US Federal business.
Reporting into the Vice President of Sales, you will take responsibility for the EUCOM/AFRICOM, the building a continuous pipeline and executing the capture of sales opportunities. This is a highly visible role providing great freedom, challenge and accountability, within a growing and dynamic team, focusing on the growth of our key market and strategic main effort for our business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
• Identify and engage with key decision makers in EUCOM/AFRICOM, developing strong initial leads for the business
• Build strong customer relationships which deliver year on year value for the business
• Build strong internal relationships to ensure customers receive maximum value from Janes
• Couple your knowledge of Janes products and propositions along with your strong understanding of the two commands—their missions and challenges, to continuously position Janes at the forefront of customer decision making processes
• Collaborate with the wider Sales team to relentlessly focus on strong lead generation, building value for the business
• Build your sales pipeline through disciplined sales and business development activity with a focus on revenue recognition
• Continuously manage and focus on accurate forecasting, pipeline and closure of opportunities
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
• A proven track record of enterprise wide selling in software solutions, technology data and/or services within these customers.
• Demonstrable experience of interacting at a mid to senior level across the various Command components.
• Previous experience of interacting with DoD and EUCOM/AFRICOM in understanding their mission and supporting their needs—could include active duty time.
• Five to ten years sales experience with a track record of closing large and complex deals—within the Defense or Intelligence markets.
• Demonstrable experience of leveraging product, service and operational capabilities and insights for competitive advantage.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• 5 years sales experience, in information and insight solution sales into the national security and/or defense customers.
• Experience of using Salesforce to maintain leads, tracks progress to closure, and produce progress reports.
• TS Security Clearance is a plus.