The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Executive Business Administrators (EBAs) at GitLab toggle seamlessly between various systems including Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, and GitLab to accomplish an array of tasks, while staying focused on prioritization and escalating urgent issues. EBAs at GitLab are self-driven, collaborative, and agile team members who are experienced in managing multiple priorities, juggling various responsibilities, and anticipating the executive's needs. EBAs at GitLab are exceptionally organized, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, and strategic multitaskers with a deep love of logistics and the ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment. The Staff Executive Business Administrator to the CEO reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO and is a grade 8.
What you'll do in this role
- Strategically and methodically support our Chief Executive Officer in the Pacific time zone - serving as a partner in handling correspondence, including confidential and sensitive materials
- Proactively and without supervision, anticipate needs and follow through diligently, often using knowledge of the executive, their direct reports, external parties, and company values to make decisions that lead to more effective executive attention and communication
- Maintain the CEO's calendars thoughtfully and purposefully, ensuring meetings contain the appropriate attendees, agenda items, and any changes are done with full consideration of a global team, spanning multiple time zones; ensure the executive is prepped and briefed as necessary for each meeting
- Make recommendations for the CEO to more effectively manage their time; prioritize, delegate, and organize
- Seamlessly coordinate extensive travel including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, security, visas, and any other travel documentation
- Maintain cadence of weekly meetings and other important meetings, including planning agenda, organization, and follow-up on action items, while infusing our company values throughout
- Draft internal and external communications on behalf of the executive keeping in mind our company values and safeguarding confidential information as well as the executive’s reputation
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting activity for the executive, including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of newly hired executives
- Manage CEO's email inbox including drafting internal and external communications on their behalf when required
- Compile receipts to submit timely and accurate expense reports monthly
- Liaise effectively with EBA counterparts and build strong and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels
- Orchestrate events such as team off-sites and team-building activities
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for executives and other team members (e.g., other EBAs), especially for processes and procedures, and assist in a hands-on, kind, and proactive manner
- Work flexible hours to support global business meetings; some travel is required
- Schedule, live stream, and moderate Group Conversations
- Other duties (and ad hoc tasks) as assigned in support of your executive and business
- Contribute to the broader EBA community by sharing learnings, resources, and mentoring other EBAs as appropriate
We're looking for
- Experience supporting a C-Level Executive(s) as an EA or executive business partner at a quickly scaling company, effectively representing the personal brand of the executive as well as the company’s culture and values
- High integrity and track record of maintaining the confidentiality of all work, product, and sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability
- Extensive technical skills with Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, and TripActions among other tools; demonstrated ability to adopt technical tools quickly (i.e. GitLab.com)
- Self-starter who can operate independently and move quickly from one task to another; creative problem solver, who seeks "win-win" solutions; energized by challenges with superb attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen; ability to communicate with team members, partnering well across GitLab, and external parties at all levels
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrates a “one team” mindset; able to be a role model for all other EBAs
- Detailed and goal-oriented planner; possesses the ability to appropriately prioritize business needs and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable and effective communicator across various communication channels and with all levels of the organization
- Experience with event planning and coordination to include support for large meetings and off-sites
- Experience in both start-up and medium size enterprise environments preferred
- Experience working remotely preferred
- A sincere willingness to help out
- A passion for GitLab and for contributing to an exceptional work culture
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule an initial screening with a Global Recruiter
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Chief of Staff, and a short writing assessment will follow
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an additional interview with a Senior Executive Business Administrator
- Next or in parallel with the EBA team interview, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a Senior Director, People Business Partner
- Candidates will then be invited to complete a detailed assessment
- Final candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently for residents of listed locations only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Colorado/Washington pay range
California/New York/New Jersey pay range
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.