Canonical is looking for an accounting leader with IFRS experience to build scalable contract review and revenue recognition processes. The Director of Revenue will ensure the proper application of revenue accounting guidance for public market scrutiny, and have domain expertise in IFRS 15/ASC 606. You will work closely with Sales Operations, FP&A, Legal and Commercial Systems, as the primary bridge between Accounting and the Sales organization. In addition to being reliable, diligent and detail-oriented, you will be expected to act as a leader and a builder.
This role may be remote or choose to be office-based out of London, and will report to our Global Head of Accounting.
- Work to drive cross-team process and system improvements towards best-in-class efficiency and incorporating industry best practices
- Revenue subject matter expert to review and evaluate the revenue recognition impact of non-standard contracts and new products
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of revenue accounting, A/R and collection professionals
- Assist in month-end revenue close, including reconciliations, related fluctuation analysis, and other reporting requirements
- Development and maintenance of strong internal controls, ensuring effective controls over revenue transactions and reporting
- Research and write accounting memos to support Canonical’s position on significant revenue recognition and other accounting policy issues
- Act as the primary liaison with external auditors in matters related to order-to-cash
Valued skills and experience
- Significant experience with SaaS revenue accounting and operations; prior leadership or management positions preferred
- CPA, CA or equivalent with excellent technical accounting skills and a detailed understanding of IFRS, specifically IFRS 15 and relevant rules related to SaaS and services
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- Experience driving revenue recognition and scaling accounting processes in a high-growth environment
- Experience with major ERP, Rev Rec, CRM, CPQ and other relevant software
- Mix of Big 4 public and operational accounting experience at a public company preferred
What Canonical offers:
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.