If you are passionate about all things MongoDB, love helping customers succeed, and want to play a critical role in the evolution of technical support for open source databases, Percona's Senior MongoDB Engineer position was made for you.
You will serve on the front line, providing our customers with best of breed professional technical support services for MongoDB, resolving complex problems for customers with demanding deployments and business needs.
At the same time, you will form the backbone of our MongoDB support organization, assisting your fellow support engineers, leading the way in blogging and Support content creation, collaborating with other departments, and having a direct, positive impact on our product strategy.
If you are ready to be a part of our team, then contact us today!
What You Will Do
- Ownership of technical support tickets related to MongoDB and related technologies
- Serve as a Level 3 escalation point and resource for Support and Global Services regarding MongoDB customer issues
- Ensure that tickets are kept up to date and driven to resolution
- Maintain up to date technical and non-technical documentation related to MongoDB
- Be at the forefront of Percona blogs and look to research and identify gaps in the customer knowledge base, adding technical and thought leadership articles
- Keep current regarding the latest technology trends in the MongoDB community
- Team knowledge transfer regular update and training to the whole of Support
Your Experience, Skills, Attributes
- Expert-level knowledge of MongoDB
- Excellent Linux skills and familiarity with debugging issues at code level
- Very desirable to have related Kubernetes knowledge
- Prior technical support experience is a must have - including providing services to agreed SLA’s
- Fluent written and spoken English communication skills
- Professional, customer service oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally under pressure
- Availability to participate in a 24x7 on call roster for escalation purposes
- Mentoring/coaching skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Desire to travel internationally and speak at Percona Live and other conferences
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open-source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
· Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
· With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team
· Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active
· Our internal programs include groups like:
· The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
· Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
· Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
· FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter. We look forward to connecting with you!