As the leading provider of open source database solutions, Percona’s Technical Account Managers serve as a customer advocate and technical resource for a dedicated group of Percona customers. As a dedicated point of contact, they partner closely with their customers to understand their technical requirements and business structure, and serve as a bridge to Percona resources - coordinating consulting projects, communicating updates, managing support issues and driving awareness for customer escalations. The Technical Account Manager will be a sounding board for customer issues, and facilitate resources internally to help customers achieve their technical goals.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has proven management experience as a DBA who is looking to retire their pager and approach and influence database problems from a strategic level. You will be motivated by building strong customer relationships and driving continuous improvement. You also love to be surrounded by other smart, driven people who are eager to share their knowledge, and will always have your back.
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with primary customer contacts.
- Coordinate overall status on support tickets and consulting projects to ensure updates are communicated back to the customer on a regular cadence.
- Coordinate with the Consulting Operations team on new projects for top customers, ensure correct resources are assigned and timelines are adhered to.
- Work daily internally and externally to ensure the technical goals of your assigned customers are met, co-owning their technical success with the extended Global Services organization.
- Provide escalation point for customer for support and consulting projects
- Identify sales opportunities and provide feedback to the Sales team.
- Provide technical resources for high level design for future growth opportunities.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of the customer implementation by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
- Ensure customer specific technical documentation is created and maintained for use by the Percona Technical Delivery teams
- Improve product feature offerings by providing feedback from partners and customers to internal teams
What You Have Done
- 3 or more years experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL and related technologies, or
- 3 or more years experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL database and related technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers and remain calm under pressure
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach
- Ability to take ownership of a support incident, and own through to resolution
- Ability to understand how applications and services interact with the database in different architectures
- Exposure to DBaaS products and ability to articulate the service offerings - specifically within AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction or as part of a team as needed
- Ability to work remotely and travel up to 25%
- Ability to pass required background check
What Defines You
- Humility - You consistently demonstrate a grounded approach by prioritizing the needs of our customers and team members over personal interests, fostering a collaborative and customer-centric environment.
- Credibility - you walk your talk and your actions speak louder than words
- Adaptable - You have an open mind that encourages new ideas and enables growth
- Accountability - You're answerable for accomplishing work and goals, and you own your decisions and actions
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Previous experience as DBA, or support or consulting engineer, in the database industry
- Previous experience with OpenSource products and OpenSource Community contributions (e.g. blog, bug reports, forum support)
- Experience with Container technologies, especially Kubernetes, OpenShift, and/or Docker
- Project Management Experience
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, and PostgreSQL® in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.Percona’s open-source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan. If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as the go-to for all things in the open-source database space, let’s talk.