US Tier 1 Locations: $163,000 USD - $239,000 USD
US Tier 2 Locations: $150,000 USD - $220,000 USD
US Tier 3 Locations: $138,000 USD - $203,000 USD
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives and front line engineers? Can you work in a fast paced environment, pivoting as needed to handle new priorities? We are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Program Manager to work on projects and programs across our Mozilla Product landscape.
As a Technical Program Manager at Mozilla, you will need to:
- Be self-motivated, capable of organizing your time well and working independently.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams across the company to ensure timeline delivery of the work (Product, Engineering, UX, QA, Marketing, Legal, Policy, Business Development, Data, Support, Release Management and others).
- Work both high level helping to structure the program and deeply embedded with teams to break down and track work.
- Adapt and evolve to the needs of different teams through the project or program lifecycle bringing in the right level of process to get things done.
- Partner with Product teams to define strategy, requirements and ensure scope is well understood.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to scope work and define milestones and deliverables.
- Produce detailed schedules and execution plans for the team.
- Set up and maintain tooling solutions for tracking work and connecting that back to higher level goals. Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Communicate and track program risks and work with the team to define and put in place risk mitigation strategies.
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of the teams by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify aspects of the projects or programs that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Influence peers/managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity and constant change.
Job Skill Requirements:
- 8+ years working in a Technical Program Management role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of leading programs and projects to completion without a well defined software development process.
- Demonstrable experience exercising technical expertise to help teams simplify problems into executable and measurable outcomes.
- Experience formulating detailed plans for technical programs and projects.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Proficiency working with people ranging from VPs to junior engineers.
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies and tooling.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering.
- Experience working with highly complex consumer applications such as browsers, social and/or content moderation platforms.
- Tooling systems such as Jira.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2256