is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within the past 24 months, we've built over 200+ connectors and we've had 25,000+ companies replicating data with us. We've raised $181M from some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
If you find this role exciting, we encourage you to apply even if you think you don’t meet all requirements.
Airbyte’s open source data movement solution is quickly becoming a best practice for data engineers. To keep up with this demand, we are looking to improve our top database and API connectors by building a team to focus on their quality, scalability, and use case coverage.
As the Engineering Manager for the Strategic Connectors Team, you will own the development, maintenance, and roadmap for the most critical and highly-used connectors on the Airbyte platform.
This is a chance to use your technical experience, management skills, and forward-looking mindsight to build this team from the ground up. Together, let’s change how businesses make data available and actionable to everyone, everywhere.
This role reports to the Director of the Connectors Engineering Organization.
What You'll Do
- Own the output of the Strategic Connectors Team
- Recruit and manage an engineering team (4-8 people in the near-term)
- Collaborate with the product team to align the team with and execute against company goals
- Build a presence in your country as a great place to be an engineer
- Over time, create justification and a plan to further extend that presence
- Frequent travel to San Francisco to partner with your peer engineering managers
What You'll Need
- Tech Lead
- You are a former senior engineer with experience leading long-term, multi-person, business-critical projects
- Proven ability to sequence incremental project milestones and manage a backlog for a team
- Experience in Java or Python, ideally both
- Ideal: experience in ETL projects from databases or APIs
- People Management
- Previous experience building and leading a software engineering team
- Excited to work and manage a hybrid team of engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level)
- Belief in our values
- Ability to attract high-quality local engineering talent to Airbyte
- Accountability over an autonomous team’s roadmap and output
- Capable of planting the seeds for this new team while looking forward to scaling it to multiple teams
- Ideal: experience in early stages of a “nearshore” engineering center
Salary for this job- MX$1,700,000- MX$2,439,000 + a generous equity package. For countries outside of the US we offer benefits based on your region or area.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.