Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named to the UK’s Best Workplaces list published by Great Place to Work UK. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the Role
As an Associate Revenue Accountant, you will report to the EMEA Senior Revenue Manager and be responsible for focusing on and developing the Quote to Cash work stream. Working with both the Finance team and wider business to provide both a high level of revenue assurance and meaningful insights to assist decision making.
- Ensuring revenue is recognized in line with US GAAP (ASC 606) and local GAAP
- Assist with the Revenue month end close process, including review of revenue entries, reconciliations, and account analysis in a timely manner
- Working closely with the Billing team to build and maintain robust process to safeguard the completeness and accuracy of the quote to cash process
- Developing relationships with the Sales team to enable the interpretation of complex contracts, ensuring the revenue is recognised correctly and billed appropriately
- Reviewing and processing Credit Notes raised in the business
- Track & post Professional Services project revenue including WIP analysis
- Run and analyse Revenue Waterfall reports to assist with forecasting
- Revenue reporting and quarterly presentation preparation
- Ad hoc deep dive and analysis of revenue
Experience & Skills preferred
- Part Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or Business and Finance Degree
- Experience using Advanced Excel and Power Query
- Revenue Accounting experience in US GAAP company (preferred)
- Appreciation of internal controls
- Experience in SaaS or technology industry (preferred)
- Ability to learn new technology quickly (ex. Salesforce, Intacct, Google Sheets)
- Problem solving and detail oriented mindset
- Passion about delivering excellence
- The ability to work on multiple workstreams at the same time
- Self-motivated and driven nature
- Accepts coaching and consistently learns new things about self
- Works orderly and precise, uses adequate systems and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Ability to step up, take on daily challenges and most importantly have a sense of humour
- Work to deadlines
- Critical thinking skills
Acquia is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.