Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
About the Team:
Sonatype’s global sales team is made up of more than 100 Sales professionals. Much of our team is based remotely in the regions or territories they support. Our reps are committed to achieving and exceeding expectations and providing a high-quality service to our growing client base.
**This role will cover the Western Region, candidates must live in this region
- As an Enterprise Account Executive, you’ll work closely with a team of Account Development reps to uncover new sales opportunities and sell Sonatype’s comprehensive suite of Nexus products.
- Effectively communicate Sonatype’s value proposition to increase sales and expand existing customer footprints.
- Deliver lead generation to Fortune 1000 accounts through target account selling, outbound cold calling, and calling on marketing-generated and inbound leads.
- Manage pipeline including activity for sales opportunities within Salesforce.
- Work alongside ADRs and presales engineers to build pipeline and close business.
- Collaborate with field marketing to deliver events crafted to drive new prospects, advance existing opportunities and build incremental revenue.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ Years of enterprise software sales experience.
- Successful experience within the Agile, DevOps, Open Source, or Enterprise Software space.
- Experience building regional account plans.
- Validated experience in developing new relationships that result in new customer acquisition.
It would be phenomenal if you also had:
- BS or BA Degree in a technical or business subject area.
- Experience in a startup software organization.
- Understanding of the DevOps and/or Application Security industry and market.
What we are proud of:
- 2023 Forrester Leader in SCA
- 2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award: Sonatype earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award in Development and Operations (DevOps) Security.
- NVTC 2022 Cyber Company of the Year: Sonatype was named Commercial Cyber Company of the Year and a Capital Cyber Award-winner by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- 2022 Annual Peer Award: Sonatype’s Nexus Lifecycle won a PeerSpot Silver Peer Award as a leading Enterprise Technology solution in the Software Composition Analysis category.
- 2022 Best in Biz Award: Sonatype CEO Wayne Jackson was recognized as a Silver Winner in the Best in Biz Awards' Executive of the Year category.
- Tech Ascension Awards: Sonatype was named the Best DevOps Security Solution for Nexus Lifecycle and Nexus Firewall (Software Composition Analysis).
- BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Sonatype was named to the Washington DC 100 Best Places to Work list and Washington DC Best Midsize Places to Work list.
- Company Wellness Week - We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying much needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.