As a Sales Development Representative, we'll provide you the tools and resources to be successful - but this isn't the run-of-the-mill SDR role. Our SDR team is the front line of our Go-to-Market organization. You will be a critical part of our Sales Development team, responsible for responding to a range of inbound requests from event registrations to trials and webinar sign-ups. You will understand the needs of our users, and hand off the relationship to an Account Executive when appropriate. You will partner with Sales to develop engagement plans for acquiring new accounts. Identify new client opportunities, listen to clients' needs, and discuss the impact of our technology with prospects and community members.
- Using, email, phone and social media, you will manage the initial sales process, including responding to inbound leads/tickets, understanding the customer's needs, identifying key client decision-makers, cross-selling opportunities and when is the right time to involve an Account Executive
- Create and evolve customized email and social media strategies for outreach to prospects
- Build rapport and long-term relationships with users and community members
- Maintain a solid understanding of competitors, open source ecosystem, and industry trends
- Be comfortable making decisions and working as an autonomous member of a collaborative team
- Maintain speedy follow-up on inbound inquiries, responding to user requests within 2 business hours
- Solve problems for Grafana users by leveraging discovery, collaboration, and research skills
- Located in the West Region of the United States
- Maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure
- Proven history of following through with goals and commitments
- Quick learner, able to take initiative, excellent at problem solving
- Insatiable sense of curiosity, always questioning and digging deeper for answers
- Able to think strategically and tactically
- Demonstration of success in a non-sales goal-oriented environment
Let’s be honest - interviewing is not easy. However, we want you to come prepared and succeed. When we interview, we’re trying to determine a couple of things:
• Would you be successful if you were part of our team?
• Will you love working here and be a positive influence on your fellow colleagues?
• Will you grow professionally and personally during your time here?
We’re looking for people who are curious and passionate about technology, so make sure you invest some time in learning about Grafana Labs. Explore our community, the industry we operate in, what we offer, and how we set ourselves apart.
During your interview, you’ll be sharing stories about your current and past roles and experiences. The best way to frame this is with the CARR model: Context, Action, Results, Reflection. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained.
Remember, humility drives learning and we love working with people who are always trying to better themselves. Throughout our interview process, you will receive feedback, and usually directly in the interview. As you move through the interview process, make sure you listen to the feedback you receive and figure out how to incorporate the advice in the next step of the interview.
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $75,000 - $78,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.