Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient Senior C/C++ Software Engineer to join its Open Source Software Development team.
You will work on the Percona Server for MySQL, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Oracle MySQL, and MariaDB products.
You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a fast moving and high quality development environment for Percona and its customers. Travel approximately once per year for meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required.
Flexible work hours. Laptop & Internet access are provided.
What You Will Do:
- Diagnose and fix defects in Percona Server for MySQL, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Oracle MySQL, and MariaDB products
- Design and implement improvements to the Percona Server for MySQL software suite
- Perform periodic source code merges from other open source repositories
- Develop test cases for continuous integration deployment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Mentor and train less senior team members
- Participate in structured candidate interviews and evaluations
What Have You Done
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in C/C++ development and object oriented design
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and ACID transaction processing
- Strong understanding of DBMS internal algorithms such as those used in query optimiser, B-tree indexing, multiversion concurrency control, ARIES crash recovery, and others
- Strong understanding of compression and encryption algorithms and techniques
- Experience with client/server or distributed network communication systems
- Experience with high concurrency threading models, atomics, and locking primitives
- Knowledge of various programming and scripting languages such as BASH, Perl, and Python
- Proficiency with tools like gdb and strace
- Proficiency with git, github, and source code management methodologies
- Knowledge of Open Source software concepts and community
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Knowledge of high-performance algorithms on modern multicore hardware
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools such a Jenkins, CircleCI, and Travis
- Experience with issue tracking, communication, and information sharing tools such as JIRA, Launchpad, Confluence, Zendesk, G-Suite, Slack
- Experience/familiarity with various Linux distribution packaging systems
- Experience with virtualization and containment tools such as OpenVZ, KVM, VMWare, VirtualBox, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience in Linux systems administration, including suitable expertise with file systems, hardware, and networking
- Success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, Slack, and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues, and managers on a daily basis
- Ability to work autonomously and mostly asynchronously with the rest of the team
- Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
- With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team
- Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active
Our internal programs include groups like:
- The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
- Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
- Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
- FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend.
Gain all of this and more by becoming a part of our organization!
Percona is a highly respected thought leader in the global open-source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a go-to in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn
. We look forward to connecting with you!