As a PostgreSQL Consultant - Contractor, you'll get a chance to see and work on any database architecture you can imagine. Our affiliates work on projects with a huge variety of companies, from internet startups to established brick and mortar publicly traded companies. We are looking for individuals with a high level of experience in PostgreSQL technology, as well as someone who can step back and evaluate a customer’s full stack.
This role is for EMEA time zones.
Project length may range from a couple of days to several weeks and will be mutually agreed upon prior to the start of work.
What does it take to be a Percona Affiliate?
- 5+ years of experience administering PostgreSQL
- 5+ years of experience performing architecture and design reviews, performance audits and performance troubleshooting
- Strong Linux administration and troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of database architecture, internals, backup solutions, performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
- Strong understanding of replication and experience with multiple high-availability tools and methods
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes and Operators
- Ability to run remote and on-site training courses for Operators and developers as required
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to perform database and Linux systems consulting
- Ability to talk to and collaborate with a customer, envision their problem, and whiteboard solutions
- Ability to figure out how to implement true highly available systems, not just at the database level, but throughout the entire stack
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Knowledgeable on a wide variety of technology, but the experience and wisdom to know when to use it and why
- Ability to talk low-level technical details or high level strategy depending on the situation
What will make you stand out:
- Galera / Percona XtraDB Cluster, HAProxy, ProxySQL, Orchestrator
- Cloud Services such as AWS RDS/Aurora, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or hosting providers like Rackspace
- Nagios, Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) and other monitoring tools
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- PHP, Java, Nodejs, Go, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Networking, system administration, hardware, virtualization, containers, scripting, IO subsystems
- Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker
- Professional certifications in MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Location / Time zone: Remote work from home position that can be located anywhere within the Americas and Europe with the ability to travel to clients when needed and when it is safe.