Our People team supports over 1200 team members in over 40 different countries. Our team is highly technical and thrives on being able to dive into the details, build from scratch and create structure through chaos. We’re ambitious too. Grafana Labs is scaling at a rapid pace and we’re evolving our team, our processes and the support that we offer to the business at a fast pace.
The Senior Compensation Analyst role is an exciting opportunity to use your expertise to manage and administer broad-based and executive compensation programs and processes to ensure internally equitable and externally competitive compensation to attract and retain the best talent, supporting our growth strategy. You will love this role if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to dig into the details, conduct analyses and provide consultation on a day-to-day basis related to compensation recommendations, strategy, design, and effectiveness.
The responsibilities listed below are a sampling of the projects you would help to support and lead.
- Deliver guidance and advisory services to People team and business partners on compensation matters to ensure a balanced approach of market competitiveness to drive attraction and retention of talent while facilitating internal equity across the organization
- Perform regular compensation benchmarking; participate in salary surveys, analyze market and peer group data trends and evaluate impact; review and age structures annually
- Drive annual compensation review and equity planning processes including timelines, communications, budget, systems/tools configuration and testing, training, reporting and calibration. Partner with our People team to ensure salary, bonus and equity communications are delivered with maximum impact
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding emerging and evolving external market trends in executive compensation that impact the design and disclosure of compensation, including corporate governance, legislative and regulatory landscape, proxy advisor policies, and investor concerns
- Support internal and external executive-level compensation offers, ensuring market competitiveness and internal equity
- Assist with the preparation of the Compensation Committee materials and provide supporting analytics and reports; manage the process and timeline for meeting preparation
- Train and enable People team and business leaders on compensation philosophy, strategy, and processes; maintain internal compensation toolkit; update and leverage compensation software
- Maintain Workday Advanced Compensation module configuration; collaborate with HRIS team to ensure the system is regularly updated to reflect changes to structures, programs, and profiles. Support annual compensation review and promotion processes.
- Provide analytical support and data analysis, preparing ad-hoc and regular reports
- Conduct strategic analysis of workforce data to identify trends and provide actionable recommendations, including researching best practices
- Ensure compliance with all applicable global compensation regulations
- Participate in special projects and collaborate cross-functionally, including compensation support for establishing new countries/regions
- 3-5 years experience in a global compensation role where you have experience with broad-based, sales team, and executive compensation programs, and have prepared compensation committee materials.
- Operate at multiple altitudes, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- You should have superior analytical and problem solving skills with a strong focus on attention to detail whilst delivering against tight deadlines
- Ideally you will have experience of working remotely and/or internationally coordinating with peers and team members globally and understand the challenges and opportunities of remote working and remote communication
- You will need to be an excellent communicator in all channels (in person, online, in writing) and able to form strong working relationships both in person and virtually
- You will be highly approachable while successfully being able to provide a customer service approach to your role ensuring that everyone, locally and internationally, views you as a “go to” person
- You will be in the detail and happy to own your administrative tasks through to completion
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $135,500- $162,600. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.